NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting
Instructor: Jim Terrill
Date: One Friday per month; 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Course Fee: $70.00
Short Description: The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is a two-part course consisting of an e-learning portion (completed online-in your own time frame) and a hands-on practical portion conducted at a range under the guidance and supervision of an NRA-Certified Instructor. The course is intended for all adults regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation.
More Details: Some of the topics in the course include: gun safety rules, proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, ammunition knowledge and selection, selecting and storing a pistol, the fundamentals of shooting, and pistol inspection and maintenance. When you enroll in the online course, you create a personal identification number (PIN). When you successfully complete the course, printing your certificate activates that PIN. The activated PIN allows you to register for the instructor-led training portion of the course.
During the instructor-led-training portion of the course, an NRA Certified Instructor will validate comprehension and application of gun safety rules; range protocol; proper handling; loading and unloading procedures; application of pistol shooting fundamentals; stable shooting positions; live fire; and a final shooting qualification.
Register for your class today!
location & hours
2865 SW Wilshire Blvd. | Burleson, TX 76028
(817) 295-3373 | email@example.com
Mon - Fri 10am - 7pm | Sat 10am - 7pm (Range opens at 11am)
Sunday 12 noon - 6pm
Tuesdays Ladies Shoot Free 5-7pm
upcoming special events
TEACHERS, SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS AND SCHOOL EMPLOYEES ARE NOW RECEIVING OUR MILITARY, LAW ENFORCEMENT AND FIRST RESPONDER RANGE DISCOUNT!! PLEASE SHOW YOUR ID AT RANGE!!
- Gun statistics — should they be tortured or gently cross-examined? October 18, 2017
- Mass. bump stock ban proposals to get public hearing October 18, 2017
- California: New gun control measure could require locking up firearms at home October 18, 2017
- Massachusetts: Senate Holding Informational Hearing on Bump Fire Stocks October 18, 2017
- Illinois: Urgent Action Needed – Numerous Anti-Gun Bills Readied for Consideration Next Week October 17, 2017