Pre LTC Basic Handgun
Description: 1 hour fast paced course designed to teach basic proficiency with a semi automatic handgun. This course is for 1st time shooters and covers safe handling on the range, basic operation of the handgun including magazine loading, operation of the slide, grip, stance, sight alignment and sight picture (aiming), trigger press and how to deal with the most common pistol malfunctions. For attentive and eager students, this one hour course will teach the basics of proficiency required to take the Texas LTC shooting proficiency test. This is the most economical training course we offer for handgun instruction and is limited to 5 students.
What you will need: Semi automatic handgun of at least .32 caliber and 50 rounds of ammunition in a case or range bag and completely unloaded before entering shop. FMJ or range ammo is acceptable as long as its brass cased. We do not allow aluminum or steel cased ammo on our range. Handgun rentals and ammunition are available for this course ($15.00 rental fee + cost of ammo-varies). We also require that you be at least 21 years of age, have a good positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and an ability to understand basic verbal commands.
Register for your class today!
location & hours
2865 SW Wilshire Blvd. | Burleson, TX 76028
(817) 295-3373 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mon - Fri 10am - 7pm | Sat 10am - 7pm (Range opens at 11am)
Sunday 12 noon - 6pm
Tuesdays Ladies Shoot Free 5-7pm
upcoming special events
TEACHERS, SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS AND SCHOOL EMPLOYEES ARE NOW RECEIVING OUR MILITARY, LAW ENFORCEMENT AND FIRST RESPONDER RANGE DISCOUNT!! PLEASE SHOW YOUR ID AT RANGE!!
- Illinois: Crossbow Legislation Sent to the Governor’s Desk June 26, 2017
- Kansas: Legislature Adjourns From 2017 Legislative Session June 26, 2017
- NRA Statement on Peruta v. California June 26, 2017
- 74% of American gun owners say owning a gun is ‘essential to their freedom’: Poll June 26, 2017
- Bloomberg’s Next Anti-Washington Move: $200 Million Program for Mayors June 26, 2017