Although this sounds like a silly question, you might be surprised at your own response to “gun laws” and who actually obeys them. I have had many instances where intelligent, educated people have indicated that they whole heartedly agreed with the often “knee jerk” passage of certain gun laws, especially after something tragic like a school or workplace shooting that makes headlines. My simple question to those folks usually is “exactly who will obey these laws”? Not a difficult question, yet the simple answer eludes many. Law abiding citizens will obey these laws. Criminals, by the very definition of their “occupation” will not obey these laws as they do not obey most laws; for if they did they would not be criminals.
As proven by the passing of the ridiculous 10 year “assault weapon” ban in 1994, passing more restrictive gun laws does nothing to deter gun crime, but vastly succeeds in restricting the rights even further of the people who obey the law. The U.S. cities and States with the most restrictive gun laws statistically have the highest murder rates.
Violent criminals rejoice in every new law written to restrict firearm possession. It just makes their “occupation” that much easier.
See you next month.
location & hours
2865 SW Wilshire Blvd. | Burleson, TX 76028
(817) 295-3373 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mon - Fri 10am - 7pm | Sat 10am - 7pm (Range opens at 11am)
Sunday 12 noon - 6pm
Tuesdays Ladies Shoot Free 5-7pm
upcoming special events
TEACHERS, SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS AND SCHOOL EMPLOYEES ARE NOW RECEIVING OUR MILITARY, LAW ENFORCEMENT AND FIRST RESPONDER RANGE DISCOUNT!! PLEASE SHOW YOUR ID AT RANGE!!
- South Carolina: Governor McMaster Signs Pro-Gun Bill May 22, 2017
- Armed burglary suspect shot by homeowner during break-in May 22, 2017
- Arizona 'shoots down' Tucson's gun ordinance May 22, 2017
- California: State releases new semi-auto rules after threat of legal action May 22, 2017
- Texas: Pflugerville City Council allows concealed carry in council chambers May 22, 2017